This post was originally published on this site
Tesla has not received a formal proposal from its founder Elon Musk to take the company private, its board of directors has said.
The electric carmaker said it had created a special committee of three directors to evaluate any such proposal.
Mr Musk announced on Twitter on 7 August that he was considering taking Tesla private.
On Monday, he said financing had been discussed with Saudi Arabia.
This story is from The BBC News. To read the full story, please go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45186011.