The province is suspending the controversial $789-million plan to rebuild the Royal B.C. Museum, Premier John Horgan announced Wednesday.
Horgan said the costly project was the “wrong decision at the wrong time” and that the government heard opposition from British Columbians “loud and clear.”
“I made the wrong call,” the premier said. “I made a call when British Columbians were thinking about other concerns.”
Horgan explained that British Columbians were unwilling to accept an $800-million price tag for the project while the province faces a doctor shortage, an increasing cost of living and other critical issues coming out of the pandemic.
A poll released last week by the
This story was originally published on CBC News. To read the rest of this news worthy story, please visit https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/horgan-suspends-controversial-rebuild-of-royal-b-c-museum-1.6497749?cmp=rss.
This post was originally published on this site