Vancouver, BC (WNews)- 3 new deaths and 53 new cases have been reported over the weekend. That brings a total of 117 people who have died. One thousand four hundred seventeen (1,417) have recovered; there are now 690 active COVID-19 cases.
Provincial health officer, Dr. Bonnie Henry, said there were 53 new cases reported between noon Saturday and noon Monday, with total reported cases now at 2,224.
There’s a total of 77 people being treated in hospital, including 26 in critical care. The outbreak at the Mission Institution federal prison has grown to 134 cases.
Henry said there are now 15 workers who returned to B.C. from the Kearl Lake oil sands outbreak in Alberta sick with COVID-19.
Henry said 199 COVID-19 cases had been admitted to critical care, and 28 of those cases died (14 percent.) Most who died were men over age 50 with underlying health conditions.
Meanwhile, TransLink will be resuming fares collections on the buses beginning June 1 as Transit provider lost $75 million in April.
Translink started rear-boarding in Late March to prevent the spread of COVID19 to their drivers.
Due to the reduced amount of people using the transit, TransLink is expected to suspend more bus routes in Mid-May.
The Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver reported the weakest April sales figures since 1982. April’s home sales in the region were 1,109.
Get real time update about this post categories directly on your device, subscribe now.