Victoria, BC (WNews) – B.C reports 1,518 new cases of COVID-19 and 13 new deaths in the past 24 hours. Majority of cases are in fully vaccinated people.
The seven day average has dropped over the past month by over half with the current seven-day case average of 1,834. The seven-day average on January 10 was 4,142.
There are 25,554 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 299,657 people who tested positive have recovered.
Of the active cases, 985 COVID-positive individuals are in hospital and 145 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
• 424 new cases in Fraser Health
◦ Total active cases: 10,057
• 217 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
◦ Total active cases: 5,024
• 431 new cases in Interior Health
◦ Total active cases: 7,759
• 227 new cases in Northern Health
◦ Total active cases: 1,153
• 217 new cases in Island Health
◦ Total active cases: 1,544
• two new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
◦ Total active cases: 17
In the last 24 hours, 13 new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,656.
Fully vaccinated makes up the majority of new cases and hospitalization.
Thursday, February 3, 2022 COVID-19 Breakdown
The new deaths include:
• Fraser Health: four
• Vancouver Coastal Health: four
• Interior Health: two
• Northern Health: one
• Island Health: two
There have been two new health-care facility outbreaks at Trinity Care Centre and Gillis House (Interior Health), for a total of 56 facilities with ongoing outbreaks, including:
• long-term care:
◦ George Derby Centre, Cascade Lodge, Mountain View Manor, Queen’s Park Care Centre, Royal City Manor, Residence at Clayton Heights (Fraser Health)
◦ Evergreen House, Louis Brier Home and Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health)
◦ Lakeview Lodge, Heritage Square, Village at Smith Creek, Westview Place, Pinegrove Care Centre, Mariposa Gardens, Joseph Creek Care Village, Hamlets at Penticton, Mount Ida Mews, Cottonwoods Care Centre, Dr. Andrew Pavillion, Poplar Ridge, Monashee Mews, Noric House, McKinney Place, Glenmore Lodge, Trinity Care Centre, Gillis House (Interior Health)
◦ Eden Gardens, Glenwarren Lodge, Kiwanis Village Lodge, Saanich Peninsula Hospital – long-term care, Dufferin Place, Beacon Hill Villa, Salvation Army Sunset Lodge, James Bay Care Centre, Sunset Lodge, Eagle Ridge Manor, Fir Park Village, The Summit, Echo Village, Arrowsmith Lodge, Chartwell Malaspina Care Residence, Woodgrove Manor, Amica on the Gorge, The Gardens at Qualicum Beach, Tsawaayuus Rainbow Gardens and Berwick on The Lake (Island Health)
• acute care:
◦ Langley Memorial Hospital, Laurel Place, Queen’s Park Care Centre (Fraser Health)
◦ Victoria General Hospital, Nanaimo Regional General Hospital, Cowichan District Hospital (Island Health)
◦ Kelowna General Hospital (Interior Health)
• assisted or independent living:
◦ Crestview Village, Summerland Senior’s Village (Interior Health)
◦ Nanaimo Seniors Village (Island Health)
The outbreak at St. Ann’s Catholic School (Northern Health) has been declared over.
From Jan. 26-Feb. 1, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 25.2% of cases.
From Jan. 19-Feb. 1, they accounted for 31.1% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Jan. 26-Feb. 1) – Total 10,751
• Not vaccinated: 2,188 (20.4%)
• Partially vaccinated: 517 (4.8%)
• Fully vaccinated: 8,046 (74.8%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Jan. 19-Feb. 1) – Total 1,304
• Not vaccinated: 340 (26.1%)
• Partially vaccinated: 65 (5.0%)
• Fully vaccinated: 899 (68.9%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Jan. 26-Feb. 1)
• Not vaccinated: 426.0
• Partially vaccinated: 169.1
• Fully vaccinated: 223.9
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Jan. 19-Feb. 1)
• Not vaccinated: 87.5
• Partially vaccinated: 53.4
• Fully vaccinated: 19.2
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 10,842,432 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Pfizer Pediatric COVID-19 vaccines.