Terms of Service – Enforced Until June 30, 2021
New Updated Terms effected: January 3rd, 2020 | Enforced until June 30, 2021
New Terms of Service starts July 1, 2021. Read the changes at wnewsnetwork.com/terms
-Modified Section 14 for Terms for Removal of Informations
-Added Section 9 for Advertisers
-Added addiction terms to Section 2.2 related to content surrounding bullying
These Terms of Service (“Terms”, “Terms of Service”) along with Community Standards govern your relationship with WNewsNetwork website, the WNewsNetwork mobile application (the “Service“) & WReports (the “Service”) operated by W-World Media Inc. (“us”, “we”, or “our”).
Please read these Terms of Service carefully before using our website and WNewsNetwork mobile application (the “Service“). The My W-World Account (“services”), Community Standards is legally binding. Please read these as well.
Your access to and use of the Service is based on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms and accept all legal consequences. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, in whole or in part, please do not use the Service.
(B) Changes to Terms of Service. WNewsNetwork may modify the Terms of Service, or any part thereof, or add or remove terms at any time, and such modifications, additions or deletions will be effective immediately upon posting. Your use of the Site after such posting shall be deemed to constitute acceptance by you of such modifications, additions or deletions.
(C) Changes to Site. WNewsNetwork may change or discontinue any aspect, service or feature of the Site at any time, including, but not limited to, content, hours of availability, and equipment needed for access or use.
(D) Registration. You may be given the opportunity to register via an online registration form to create a user account called My W-World Account (“Your Account“) that may allow you to receive information from WNewsNetwork and/or to participate in certain features on the Site such as certain Interactive Areas. WNewsNetwork will use the information you provide in accordance with the WNewsNetwork and W-World Privacy Policies. A “My W-World Account” provides access to another services and products by W-World and it’s companies.
By registering you represent and warrant that all information that you provide on the registration form is current, complete and accurate to the best of your knowledge. You agree to maintain and promptly update your registration information on the Site so that it remains current, complete and accurate.
During the registration process, you may be required to choose a password and/or user name. You acknowledge and agree that WNewsNetwork may rely on this password or user name to identify you. You shall be responsible for protecting the confidentiality of your user name(s) or password(s), if any. You are responsible for all use of Your Account, regardless of whether you authorized such access or use, and for ensuring that all use of Your Account complies fully with the provisions of these Terms of Service. (E) Equipment. You are responsible for obtaining and maintaining all connectivity, computer software, hardware and other equipment needed for access to and use of the Site and all charges related to the same.
1.1 Who can Use the Service
No one under 13 is allowed to create an account or use the Services. We may offer additional Services with additional terms that may require you to be even older to use them. So please read all terms carefully.
By using the Services, you state that:
• You can form a binding contract with W-World Media;
• You are not a person who is barred from receiving the Services under the laws of Canada or any other applicable jurisdiction– meaning that you don’t face any other similar prohibition; and
• You will comply with these Terms and all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules, and regulations.
If you are using the Services on behalf of a business or some other entity, you state that you are authorized to grant all licenses set forth in these Terms and to agree to these Terms on behalf of the business or entity.
2. User Content and Conduct
2.1 Community Guidelines
For Full Community Guidelines, please read the guidelines here. The community guidelines and Terms of Service are legally binding.
2.1.1 The following terms apply to content submitted by users, and user conduct, on the Site’s Interactive Areas, including WNewsNetwork’s WReports:
• Interactive Areas. The Site may contain comments sections, discussion forums, or other interactive features, including WNewsNetwork’s WReports, WNewsNetwork’s user-generated news community (“Interactive Areas”) in which you may post or upload user-generated content, including but not limited to WReports, comments, video, photos, messages, other materials or items (collectively, “User Content”). You are solely responsible for your use of any Interactive Areas and you use them at your own risk. Interactive Areas are available for individuals aged 13 years or older. By submitting User Content to an Interactive Area, you represent that you are 13 years of age or older and, if you are under the age of 18, you either are an emancipated minor, or have obtained the legal consent of your parent or legal guardian to enter into these Terms of Service, submit content, participate on the Site, and fulfill the obligations set forth in these Terms of Service, which forms a binding contract between you and WNewsNetwork.
• Employees of WNewsNetwork and W-World Media Inc. may not submit User Content without permission from their supervisors.
2.1.2 Community Guidelines. By submitting any User Content or participating in an Interactive Area within or in connection with the Site, you agree to abide by the following rules of conduct:
You agree not to upload, post or otherwise transmit any User Content that:
1. violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, including any statements which may defame, harass, stalk or threaten others.
2. you know to be false, misleading or inaccurate.
3. contains blatant expressions of bigotry, racism, racially or ethnically offensive content, hate speech, abusiveness, vulgarity or profanity.
4. contains or advocates pornography or sexually explicit content, pedophilia, incest, bestiality, or that is otherwise obscene or lewd.
5. violates any law or advocates or provides instruction on dangerous, illegal, or predatory acts, or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them.
6. advocates violent behaviour.
7. poses a reasonable threat to personal or public safety.
8. That promotes or has bullying of another person.
9. That promotes thoughts of self-harm
10. contains violent images of killing or physical abuse that appear to have been captured solely, or principally, for exploitive, prurient, or gratuitous purposes.
11. If we remove your content for infringing someone else’s copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
12. If you repeatedly infringe other people’s intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate;
13. You will not use our copyrights or Trademarks or any confusingly similar marks, except as expressly permitted by our Brand Usage Guidelines or with our prior written permission;
15. You will not post anyone’s identification documents or sensitive financial information on WNewsNetwork including but not limited to Passports, Government id, addresses, financial account numbers, financial statements, etc;
16. is protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of such copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or other proprietary right. The burden of determining that any User Content is not protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or other proprietary right rests with you. You shall be solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, rights of publicity or other proprietary rights or any other harm resulting from such a submission. Any person determined by WNewsNetwork, in its sole discretion, to have violated the intellectual property or other rights of others shall be barred from submitting or posting any further material on the Site.
17. does not generally pertain to the designated topic or theme of any Interactive Area.
18. contains any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional materials with respect to products or services, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation.
19. You agree not to engage in activity that would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to a civil liability.
20. You agree that if necessary, you have the consent of each and every identifiable natural person in any submission to use such persons name or likeness in the manner contemplated by the Site.
21. You agree if necessary, you have the consent of each and every identifiable building or landmark that is owned by a natural person or corporation in any submission to use such a building and/or name or likeness in a manner contemplated by the site.
22. You agree that any person who appears in your submission who is a current member of the Screen Actors Guild (SAG), the American Federation of Television and Radio Actors (AFTRA) or any other rights society is not entitled to compensation by WNewsNetwork or W-World Media.
23. You agree not to impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, WNewsNetwork or any WNewsNetwork or it’s parent company W-World Media employee, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
24. You agree not to represent or suggest, directly or indirectly, WNewsNetwork’s endorsement of User Content.
25. You agree not to interfere with any other user’s right to privacy, including by harvesting or collecting personally-identifiable information about the Site users or posting private information about a third party.
26. You agree not to upload, post or otherwise transmit any User Content, software or other materials which contain a virus or other harmful or disruptive component.
27. You agree not to interfere with or disrupt the Site or the servers or networks connected to the Site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site.
28. You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purpose, any portion of the Site, use the Site, or access to the Site.
29. You agree not to use any service, technology or automated system to artificially inflate the page views that your User Content receives. This includes pay-per-click services, web “robots” and any other current or future technologies. You also agree not to direct any third party to use these services, technologies or automated systems on your behalf.
30. You agree not to use any technology, service or automated system to post more User Content than an individual could upload in a given period of time. You also agree not to direct any third party to use these services, technologies or automated systems on your behalf.
31. Any conduct that in WNewsNetwork’s sole discretion restricts or inhibits anyone else from using or enjoying the Site will not be permitted. WNewsNetwork reserves the right in its sole discretion to remove or edit User Content by you and to terminate Your Account for any reason.
WNewsNetwork or W-World Media does not vouch for the accuracy or credibility of any User Content, and does not take any responsibility or assume any liability for any actions you may take as a result of reading User Content posted on the Site. Through your use of Interactive Areas, you may be exposed to content that you may find offensive, objectionable, harmful, inaccurate or deceptive. There may also be risks of dealing with underage persons, people acting under false pretense, international trade issues and foreign nationals. By using Interactive Areas, you assume all associated risks.
The decision by WNewsNetwork to monitor and/or modify User Content does not constitute nor shall it be deemed to constitute any responsibility or liability in any manner on the part of WNewsNetwork in connection with or arising from use by you of Interactive Areas on the Site.
(D) License to User Content. By submitting User Content to the Site, you automatically grant WNewsNetwork and its parent company, W-World Media, Inc., the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license, but not the obligation, to use, publish, reproduce, modify, adapt, edit, translate, create derivative works from, incorporate into other works, distribute, sub-license and otherwise exploit such User Content (in whole or in part) worldwide in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed for the full term of any copyright that may exist in such User Content, without payment to you or to any third parties. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event WNewsNetwork licenses your WReports as stand-alone content outside of WNewsNetwork’s programming to third parties unaffiliated with WNewsNetwork.
You represent and warrant to WNewsNetwork that you have the full legal right, power and authority to grant to WNewsNetwork and its parent company, W-World Media, Inc., the license provided for herein, that you own or control the complete exhibition and other rights to the User Content you submitted for the purposes contemplated in this license and that neither the User Content nor the exercise of the rights granted herein shall violate these Terms of Service, or infringe upon any rights, including the right of privacy or right of publicity, constitute a libel or slander against, or violate any common law or any other right of, or cause injury to, any person or entity. You further grant WNewsNetwork the right, but not the obligation, to pursue at law any person or entity that violates your or WNewsNetwork’s rights in the User Content by a breach of these Terms of Service.
(E) Moral Rights. If it is determined that you retain moral rights (including rights of attribution or integrity) in the User Content, you hereby declare that (a) you do not require that any personally identifying information be used in connection with the User Content, or any derivative works of or upgrades or updates thereto; (b) you have no objection to the publication, use, modification, deletion and exploitation of the User Content by WNewsNetwork or its licensees, successors and assigns; (c) you forever waive and agree not to claim or assert any entitlement to any and all moral rights of an author in any of the User Content; and (d) you forever release WNewsNetwork, and its licensees, successors and assigns, from any claims that you could otherwise assert against WNewsNetwork by virtue of any such moral rights. You also permit any other user to access, view, store or reproduce the User Content for that user’s personal use.
3. Third Party Content.
WNewsNetwork is a distributor (and not a publisher or creator) of content supplied by third parties and users. Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information or content expressed or made available by third parties, including information providers or users of the Site, are those of the respective author(s) or distributor(s) and not of WNewsNetwork. Neither WNewsNetwork nor any third-party provider of information guarantees the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any content, nor its merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose. (Refer to Section 11 below for the complete provisions governing limitation of liabilities and disclaimers of warranty.
In many instances, the content available through the Site represents the opinions and judgments of the respective user or information provider not under contract with WNewsNetwork. WNewsNetwork neither endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice or statement made on the Site by any third party. Under no circumstances will WNewsNetwork be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage caused by your use or reliance on information obtained through the Site. WNewsNetwork is not responsible for any actions or inaction on your part based on the information that is presented on the Site. It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information, opinion, advice or other content available through the Site. Please seek the advice of professionals, as appropriate, regarding the evaluation of any specific information, opinion, advice or other content.
4. Advertisements and Promotions.
WNewsNetwork may run advertisements and promotions from third parties on the Site. Your business dealings or correspondence with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers other than WNewsNetwork, and any terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such third party. WNewsNetwork is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of third-party advertisers on the Site.
IF YOUR A ADVERTISERS, PLEASE REVIEW SECTION NINE OF THIS TERMS OF SERVICE.
Certain parts of WNewsNetwork (“site”) and it’s services require a account called a My W-World Account (“account”) to access and use parts of the site services including the community board and WReports. A My W-World Account (“account”) is part of W-World Media Inc (The “company”) which can be use to access this site and any future services that should be provided by the company.
A. When you create an account with us, you must provide us information that is accurate, complete, and current at all times. Failure to do so constitutes a breach of the Terms, which may result in immediate termination of your account on our Service.
B. You are responsible for safeguarding the password that you use to access the Service and for any activities or actions under your password, whether your password is with our Service or a third-party service.
C. You agree not to use your account for commercial gains without the express written permission from us
D. You agree to keep your information up to date
E. You agree that you should not create more then one account
F. You agree if we disable your account that you should not create another account without our written permission
G. You agree not to disclose your password to any third party. You must notify us immediately upon becoming aware of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account.
H. We may from time to time force a password reset if there’s a major data breach with a another service or company;
I. You agree not to use your account to spam other users with ‘multi level marketing’ (MLM), ‘ ‘pyramid schemes‘, ‘Ponzi schemes’ or ‘chain letters’. Violations of this clause will result in immediate account termination and possibly of legal actions;
J. You may not use as a username the name of another person or entity or that is not lawfully available for use, a name or trade mark that is subject to any rights of another person or entity other than you without appropriate authorization, or a name that is otherwise offensive, vulgar or obscene;
K. When you create an account with us, you agree that you have no other account(s) suspended or terminated by us due to a violation in this terms of service or community guidelines unless expressed written permission is made from us.
L. If found to be in violation of section J or K, your account and other related accounts may be removed, blacklisted and banned from our services
(B) Age Requirement
A My W-World Account are available for individuals aged 13 years or older. By submitting User Content to an Interactive Area, you represent that you are 13 years of age or older and, if you are under the age of 18 or the age of majority in your jurisdiction, you either are an emancipated minor, or have obtained the legal consent of your parent or legal guardian to enter into these Terms of Service, submit content, participate on the Site, and fulfill the obligations set forth in these Terms of Service, which forms a binding contract between you and W-World Media Inc.
If found to be under the age of 13, your account will be removed from the site. This is due to Federal laws for child protection and plus this site is not geared towards people under 13.
6. Mobile and Other Devices
1. We currently provide our mobile services for free, but please be aware that your carrier’s normal rates and fees, such as text messaging and data charges, will still apply
2. In the event you change or deactivate your mobile telephone number, you will update your account information on WNewsNetwork within 48 hours to ensure that your messages are not sent to the person who acquires your old number.
3. You provide consent and all rights necessary to enable users to sync (including through an application) their devices with any information that is visible to them on WNewsNetwork
7. Copyright Policy
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. It is our policy to respond to any claim that Content posted on the Service infringes the copyright or other intellectual property infringement (“Infringement”) of any person.
All content created by you and uploaded to our services is owned by you or your company in which your granting W-World a licence to use your content. Please refer to Section 2 (d) of this Agreement.
If you are a copyright owner, or authorized on behalf of one, and you believe that the copyrighted work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement that is taking place through the Service, you must submit your notice in writing to the attention of “Copyright Infringement” of firstname.lastname@example.org and include in your notice a detailed description of the alleged Infringement.
You may be held accountable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) for misrepresenting that any Content is infringing your copyright.
8. Intellectual Property
The Service and all contents, including but not limited to text, images, graphics or code are the property of W-World Media Inc. and are protected by copyright, trademarks, database and other intellectual property rights. You may display and copy, download or print portions of the material from the different areas of the Service only for your own non-commercial use with accordance to our Brand Guidelines.
Any other use is strictly prohibited and may violate copyright, trademark and other laws. These Terms do not grant you a license to use any trademark of W-World Media Inc. or its affiliates. You further agree not to use, change or delete any proprietary notices from materials downloaded from the Service.
(B) Links To Other Web Sites
The Service may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by W-World Media Inc..
W-World Media Inc. has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that W-World Media Inc. shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such websites or services.
We strongly advise you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party web sites or services that you visit.
9. Advertisers Terms
The following terms in Section 9 is for Advertisers space on WNewsNetwork and mobile app who purchase space from W-World for ad services. For full agreement, see copy of your contact
You agree that when advertising on WNewsNetwork that the Advertisement is true and not misleading as required by Canadian Advertising Standards. That any Advertising is original and related to the company or service provided.
You agree that you shall not apply for advertising space that has objections subjects. Advertising related to drugs or substances, gambling, guns and hate groups are not allowed on our services. All new contracts shall be vetted before being showed and served to the public for complacent with our policies and Canadian federal Laws.
You agree that data collection of our users is not allowed. Violation of this policy will forfeit your current contract(s) and future contracts with our company with possible legal actions being made against you or your company.
We may terminate or suspend access to our Service immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, if you breach the Terms.
All provisions of the Terms shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
Upon termination, your right to use the Service will immediately cease. If you wish to terminate your account, you may simply discontinue using the Service or removing your account.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless W-World Media Inc., its principals, officers, directors, representatives, employees, contractors, licensors, licensees, suppliers and agents, from and against any claims, losses, damages, losses, obligations, costs, actions or demands.
These include but are not limited to:
(a) legal and accounting fees resulting from your use of the Service;
(b) your breach of any of these Terms;
(c) anything you post on or upload to the Service; and
(d) any activity related to your account. This includes any negligent or illegal conduct by you, any person or entity accessing the Service using your account whether such access is obtained via fraudulent or illegal means.
11. Limitation Of Liability
W-World Media Inc., its directors, employees, partners, agents, suppliers, or affiliates, shall not be liable for any loss or damage, direct or indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages, including without limitation, economic loss, loss or damage to electronic media or data, goodwill, or other intangible losses, resulting from
(i) your access to or use of the Service;
(ii) your inability to access or use the Service;
(iii) any conduct or content of any third-party on or related to the Service;
(iv) any content obtained from or through the Service; and
(v) the unauthorized access to, use of or alteration of your transmissions or content, whether based on warranty, contract, tort (including negligence) or any other claim in law, whether or not we have been informed of the possibility of such damage, and even if a remedy set forth herein is found to have failed of its essential purpose.
(B) Disclaimer And Non-Waiver of Rights
W-World Media Inc. makes no guarantees, representations or warranties of any kind as regards the website and associated technology. Any purportedly applicable warranties, terms and conditions are excluded, to the fullest extent permitted by law. Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. The Service is provided without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement or course of performance, except as provided for under the laws of any province in Canada. In such cases, the provincial law shall apply to the extent necessary.
W-World Media Inc. its subsidiaries, affiliates, and its licensors do not warrant that:
a) the Service will function uninterrupted, secure or available at any particular time or location;
b) any errors or defects will be corrected;
c) the Service is free of viruses or other harmful components; or
d) the results of using the Service will meet your requirements.
If you breach any of these Terms and W-World Media Inc. chooses not to immediately act, or chooses not to act at all, W-World Media Inc. will still be entitled to all rights and remedies at any later date, or in any other situation, where you breach these Terms. W-World Media Inc. does not waive any of its rights. W-World Media Inc. shall not be responsible for any purported breach of these Terms caused by circumstances beyond its control. A person who is not a party to these Terms shall have no rights of enforcement.
You may not assign, sub-license or otherwise transfer any of your rights under these Terms.
As set out, above, some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, so the limitations above may not apply to you. Provincial laws of Britain Columbia (“Province”) and the Laws of Canada (“country”) may apply to certain products and service provided.
12. No Resale Of Service
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of WNewsNetwork (including you’re My W-World ID), use of WNewsNetwork, or access to WNewsNetwork.
13. Governing Law
These Terms shall be governed by, and interpreted and enforced in accordance with, the laws in the Province of British Columbia and the laws of Canada, as applicable.
If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, then any remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in effect.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between us regarding our Service, and supersede and replace any prior agreements, oral or otherwise, regarding the Service.
14. Terms for Removal of Information
These terms in section 14 are for citizens of the European Union’s countries and Residents of California.
Please contact our EU Policy Officer Below:
Information regarding your My W-World Account can be edited on your profile setting page on our site or mobile app.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material we will make reasonable efforts to provide at least 30 days’ notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
By continuing to access or use our Service after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised terms. If you do not agree to the new terms, in whole or in part, please stop using the website and the Service.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us at email@example.com