At the heart of the New West presents Calgary, Alberta which has over 1.2 Million people living in the City and a Total Meteo Population of over 1.3 Million (Canada Stats 2016). The Bow River is the Main River running though the city. Calgary Climate is very different each day of the year. For example: January 20 can be -20 below Freezing and then the next day jump to 15 C with the warm Chinook winds. Calgary is also known to get snow anytime of the year because of its elevation of over 1000 m above sea level.
Incorporated in November 1884, Calgary is one of the most important city in the Country. Calgary is known for the Canadian Oil Companies that is headquarters in the downtown. Calgary is known for its Country/cowboys Theme for the city. Calgary is also known for the Calgary Stampede that happens every summer in Early July.
The Calgary flames and the Calgary Stampeders. Calgary also hosted the 1988 Winter Olympic Games with a Ski Hill right in the city Heart.
Fun Facts About Calgary:
- Calgary has over 1.2 Million People Living in the City
- The Calgary Stampede is well known around the world. It’s also one of the most protected event for Animal rights Supporters.
- Calgary is about a hr East of the town of Banff in Banff National Park, about 3 Hrs south of Edmonton and about 2 hrs north of Lethbridge
- Calgary is about 1000 meters above Sea Level which provides the Climate and dryness from the Rockies Mountains.
- Because of the Sudden Weather Conditions, most of the Downtown towers are connected with Buildings to Building Pedestrian Connection that helps with the Sudden Weather Changes
- The Calgary Zoo is well known for its displays of dinosaurs and Animals
- In 2016, The Calgary International Airport received over 15.6 Million Passengers from around the world. Westjet is located and headquartered in Calgary
- Major Canadian Companies like WestJet, Mark Shoe Warehouse, Shaw Communications, Shell Canada, Safeway Canada, EnCana, Westfair Foods and Canadian Pacific Railway are headquartered in Calgary